Snacks for Mardi Gras are essential! Because you are out and about all day, you need easy foods to fuel your body during parties and parades. Although healthy snacks can be hard to find at Tulane, especially when you could just as easily buy popcorn, chips, candy, or anything else tempting from Mac Mart, I try as hard as I can to eat well. I have gone around the Tulane campus to find my best recommendations for go-to snacks, and even listed some from Costco that are easy and cheap to buy in bulk.
From Mac Market
York’s Harvest Garden Chips: These mixed vegetable chips are made out of real veggies , so they’re a healthy alternative to regular potato chips. This is an easy snack to keep with you during busy days.
Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips: For only 100 calories per pack, kale chips are filled with protein and fiber and are great to stick in your fanny pack.
Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola: This is my favorite granola and I cannot believe they sell it at Mac Market. Take this granola and stick in a bag for the best snack. Also, any dried fruit or nuts are a great option!
- Protein Bars (KIND, ThinkThin, Larabar, RX bar, Lunabar)
- Chocolate covered espresso beans (in case you need Mardi energy)
- Yogurt covered fruit
- Fruit Fusion Figgy Pops (fruit, nut power balls)
- Simply Clusters (fruit, nut, seed bites)
- Gogo Squeeze Pouches (applesauce without all of the unwanted sugar)
- Rice rollers (crunchy on-the-go snack)
- Aussie bites (oats, apricots, seeds, super filling, like a healthy cookie)
- Peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets (filling, great source of healthy fats)
- Dried edamame (fiber and protein)
Good luck this Mardi Gras, and don’t forget to eat healthy!
COVER PHOTO: Zumies