Summer is coming, and it is time to freshen up those luscious locks! After struggling with moisture retention and heat damage, I only realized recently how vital high-quality hair care is. If your hair isn’t looking its best after too many bleaching sessions, using too much heat, or you have a flaky scalp, this is the article for you! Drugstore shampoo and Conditioner can only do so much, and spending a couple of extra dollars to keep your hair healthy and looking and feeling its best is worth it. I have a couple of product recommendations for your shower routine, depending on what you think your hair needs! I have linked all the products below.
For Problem-Free Upkeep:
I have just the products for those looking to switch up their hair care routine but don’t have any specific concerns they want to target. Begin by using the Ouai Detox Shampoo- a clarifying formula that strips away dirt, oil, and product buildup. It is infused with color-safe keratin and apple cider vinegar to remove flakes and residue, leaving you with shinier, cleaner hair. After washing your hair, use the Amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask, which is packed with vitamins and nutrients to moisturize, soften, and smooth your hair. Finish your wash with the Living Proof Full Conditioner, giving your hair volume and leaving it looking fuller, softer, and shinier.
For Heat Damaged Hair:
These products have been personal favorites of mine for the past year. Using too much heat damaged my hair, but these formulas have helped repair my broken hair:
- I start my shower routine with the Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Shampoo, which cleanses hair and repairs damage while restoring moisture by reinforcing the inner strands of hair. This Shampoo is best for people with heat damage rather than color damage, which I will cover later!
- I use the Ouai Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair, which helps restore hydration, repair damage, and add shine with shea butter, panthenol, and keratin.
- I condition my hair with the Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Conditioner, which smooths hair cuticles and seals in moisture to strengthen and protect against further damage.
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Shampoo
- Ouai Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Conditioner
For Thinning Hair that Lacks Volume:
For those struggling with hair loss or lack of hair volume, I recommend washing your hair with the BondiBoost Hair Thickening Therapy Shampoo. This vegan formula gently lifts the hair at the roots while expanding strands for instantly visible thickness. I then suggest you use the BondiBoost Miracle Mask for Thinning Hair, a vegan product filled with nutritious oils that promote healthier, fuller-looking hair. Finally, finish your shower with the BondiBoost Hair Thickening Therapy Conditioner, infused with biotin, vitamin B5, and hyaluronic acid that plumps the appearance of strands.
- BondiBoost Hair Thickening Therapy Shampoo
- BondiBoost Miracle Mask for Thinning Hair
- BondiBoost Hair Thickening Therapy Conditioner
For Flakey Scalps and Dry Hair:
When winter rolls around, your scalp can become dry, itchy, and flaky, which is uncomfortable and sometimes hard to manage. If you usually have brittle hair or dry skin, these products won’t let you down! Begin by washing your hair with the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo, a sulfate-free formula that lifts away buildup while soothing an itchy, irritated scalp. Overwashing and shampooing hair can strip your hair of its natural oils, which can be detrimental to someone with a dry scalp and hair. Washing your hair twice a week allows your scalp to produce natural oils that work to self-moisturize your hair and scalp. Then, use the Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask, infused with argan oil that helps improve hydration, texture, elasticity, and shine. Finish with the Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner, rich with argan oil and other nutrients to help restore and detangle hair.
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo
- Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner
For Color-Damaged Hair:
My last recommendation is for people struggling to keep their hair healthy after a few too many salon dyes! First, start your wash with the Olaplex No.4P Blonde Enhancer Toning Purple Shampoo, which strengthens and neutralizes brassiness while keeping hair hydrating. It is important to remember you shouldn’t be using this Shampoo for every wash. Only use it once a week, and try to wash your hair, at most, three times a week. Also, you must be careful with toning Shampoo because it can strip the hair of its natural moisture and leave you with even drier hair than before! So, your hair mask and Conditioner are essential to ensure your hair gets enough moisture to prevent it from looking and feeling dead and brittle. Next, I suggest you use the Pureology Color Fanatic Multi-Tasking Deep-Conditioning Hair Mask, which restores, protects, and strengthens color-treated hair. Finally, finish with the Pureology Strength Cure Strengthening Conditioner for Damaged Color-Treated Hair, a gentle formula that will help soften and repair color-treated hair.
- Olaplex No.4P Blonde Enhancer Toning Purple Shampoo
- Pureology Color Fanatic Multi-Tasking Deep-Conditioning Hair Mask
- Pureology Strength Cure Strengthening Conditioner for Damaged Color-Treated Hair
A tip for everyone, regardless of hair type, is to use hair oil on your scalp once or twice a week. Studies have recently shown that rosemary oil can promote hair growth. Make sure to pin your hair up and keep the oil in for at least an hour for the best results. Happy washing!
Featured image via Pinterest.