Ever wake up 10 minutes before class and feel like there is no time to tame your bedhead? Not to worry, because there are plenty of hairstyles that take less than a minute to ensure that you will look stylish AND put-together throughout a hectic school day.
Check out some favorite techniques from four trendy Tulane students!
Amanda Rosenberg, freshman
Amanda’s quick fix is the half-up/half-down bun.
“It’s my go-to hairstyle because it is easy, cute, and keeps hair out of my face. My hair is really long and usually takes a long time to style. What I like most about the half-up/half- down bun is that it only takes about a minute to do.”
How to do a half up-half down bun:
(1) Separate the top half of your hair from the bottom half.
(2) Tie the top half of your hair into a ponytail.
(3) Twist the hair inside the ponytail around itself to create a bun.
(4) Gently pull apart the bun to create a messy look.
(5) Secure the bun with bobby pins.
Suzy Klasfeld, freshman
Suzy relies on the simple solution of pinning two front pieces back and leaving two front pieces down.
“It’s my favorite because it’s an easy way to dress up a casual look. Also, it’s super cute for both the day and night.”
Natalie Rachman, sophomore
Natalie’s savior when running late is a low, sleek bun with two front pieces pulled out.
“I like it because with the New Orleans humidity, it’s more comfortable to have my hair up and off my neck which keeps me cool. As an active person, this keeps my hair out of the way, while still looking put-together.”
How to do copy Natalie’s look:
(1) Part your hair in the center.
(2) Brush your hair back into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and leave the front two pieces out.
(3) Twist and wrap your hair around the ponytail.
(4) Secure with bobby pins (if necessary).
Zoe Shirken, freshman
Zoe manages her morning routine with the ever-reliable messy bun.
“When my hair is greasy or I can’t wear it down, the messy bun is a good way to get my hair out of my face but still look presentable.”
How to do the perfect messy bun:
(1) Put your hair up into a high ponytail.
(2) Twist the and wrap your hair around the ponytail.
(3) Tie the ponytail into a bun.
(4) Move the bun around to make it messy (the messier the better!).
(5) Pull out the front two pieces.
Comment below to let me know your go-to hairstyle!
COVER PHOTO: Good Housekeeping